Be Kind to Animals Week Contest
“Be Kind to Animals Week” is May 3-9, 2020, and almost here! Help us celebrate by entering our poster, poetry, and photography contests. The contest provides a fun way for kids to express creativity and spread the word about being kind to animals.
This year’s theme is:
Creating a Better World Through Kindness to Animals!
Poster Contest (K – Grade 6)
Any medium can be used: paints, markers, crayons, or mixed media – use your imagination! Entries will be judged on how well the poster illustrates the theme. Winning posters will be selected in the following categories: Kindergarten, Grade 1 & 2, Grade 3 & 4, and Grade 5 & 6. Poster size must be at least 11” x 17”.
Poetry Contest (K – Grade 12)
Use your creative ability to compose an original poem about spreading kindness and helping animals, using this year’s theme. All forms welcome!
Photography Contest (K – Grade 12)
Capture a photo of an animal in your life!
Guidelines for photography:
- Print information on the back of the photo with a permanent felt tip pen.
- Digital photos should be printed on photo paper.
- Photos must be at least 4” x 6”.
- Photos may include domestic animals or wildlife.
- Photos must be taken by student and promote kindness to animals.
- Deadline for all entries is May 31st, 2020.
- The following information must be included on the back of each entry: child’s name, home address, home phone, & parent’s name(s)/email.
- Child will be notified by mail if their entry wins.
- Entries should be completed by individual children. Group entries cannot be accepted.
- All submissions not labeled “WILL PICK UP” on the back of entry will become the property of the Erie Humane Society and cannot be returned.
- We are asking for a $5.00 donation with each entry to benefit our shelter pets. Cash, check, or credit card are accepted.
Entries can be dropped off, mailed, or e-mailed to:
Erie Humane Society
2407 Zimmerly Rd
Erie, PA 16506
For questions, contact the shelter at 814-835-8331.