Easy Newspaper Craft
Get creative and have some fun while using simple items you probably have around your house!
- Draw your outline
- Tear or cut up pieces of newspaper
- Glue your pieces inside your outline
- Draw the eyes, nose, & mouth
- Display for all to see
Coffee Filter Dog
Coffee Filter Dog Craft
To make this coffee filter dog craft, you’ll need the following:
Be sure to ask for adult assistance if needed!
Create Your Dog
I went with a blue construction paper background because it makes it easier for the colors to stand out. But you can use any color you like.
Start by using a black crayon to draw two eyes in the top center of the coffee filter.
Add a light brown circle over one eye (to make a spot) and then color the rest of the coffee filter dark brown.
Color both areas in completely.
Now add an upside-down triangle for the nose.
Draw a mouth by making two curved lines that come down from the nose in either direction.
Now it’s time to add some ears! We drew two floppy ears in brown crayon and then colored them in with a brown marker.
Then we decided to add a few whisker freckles on each cheek.
And a few bones for the background and we’re done!
*Below are pictures of my 4 year old making this craft his own! He chose a vampire coffee filter dog, what will you choose?*
Make a Dog or Cat Mask
Get creative and have some fun while using simple items you probably have around your house to create your own pet mask!
What You Need:
- Paper Plate
- Popsicle Stick
- Markers or Crayons
- Construction Paper
Be sure to ask an adult for help with cutting if needed!
Make Your Mask
- Trace two eye holes on your paper plate.
- Ask an adult to help you cut the eyes out.
- Use construction paper to cut out ears, a nose, and any other decoration you want to add to your mask, and glue them to your plate.
- Use markers or crayons to add details like whiskers or different color fur patches.
- Glue the popsicle stick to the plate and allow to dry.
Be creative by making all different kinds of animal masks.
Instead of cutting eye holes, you can also draw eyes on the plate and put on a puppet show for your family with the different animals you've created!