Other Forms of Volunteering
Here are other things you can do to help:
- Raise funds
- Make a monetary donation
- Sponsor a Pet – buy a specific shelter animal toys and treats, share their photo on social media, or make a donation towards their adoption fee.
- Host a Fundraiser - hold bake sales, yard sales, craft sales, participate in walk-a-thons, car washes and much more! Feel free to use your imagination to come up with a fundraising idea.
- Collect items from our Wish List
- Collect aluminum cans at home and/or at your workplace and bring them to the Humane Society so that we can recycle them
- Craft for the Cause
- Make animal-themed cards that shelter staff can use as thank you and sympathy cards.
- Knit or crochet animal sweaters or toys
- Make bowties, flowers, or other collar decorations to help attract attention to our shelter pets at events and on their news appearances.
- Make blankets for shelter pets
- Make toys for shelter pets (you may want to contact the shelter to make sure your toy is approved for use and would not pose any hazard to shelter pets health)
- Raise awareness for pet adoption, responsible pet care, and prevention of animal cruelty
- Pick up flyers and posters for upcoming Humane Society events and programs and share them with your family and friends at work, school, church, etc. Please call beforehand, so we can have materials ready for you!
- Share pictures of our adoptable pets on social media to spread the word and help them find their forever families!
If you have any questions, please contact our volunteer coordinator, Katie Vickery at 814-835-8331.